Sunday 11 November 2012

The Featured Biscuit : RICH TEA FINGER

Hello there Biscuit fans! Apologies for my recent lack in postings, but I've been very busy making daemons and being in rehearsal for His Dark Materials lately. Anyway! ON WITH THE BISCUITS!!


Size: 

Not very big, but deliciously moreish. Satisfyingly thin! An unusually sausage shaped biscuit.


Dunkability:

Although called the rich TEA finger, I not a tea drinker myself, so have chosen to commit the heinous crime of dunking a rich tea finger into a cup of coffee. Please feel free to send me hate-mail regarding this despicable act. My advice when dunking a rich tea biscuit, whether round or finger is to have a spoon at the ready incase of the biscuit breaking apart and falling in your beverage. After much experimentation, I've concluded that the ideal dunking time for the rich tea finger is JUST ONE SECOND. Yes, biscuit friends, anything more than this could cause your well earned biccie to turn into a sodden mess. If you prefer a softer dunking for the biscuit, you could be permitted to dunk for 2 seconds. Anything further than three seconds requires a rescue mission with a teaspoon, having had the submerged part of the biscuit turn into a sodden mess at the bottom of your cup or mug. 


Crumbliness:

This biscuit is suprisingly uncrumbly, but its rounder biscuit brother, the regular rich tea, is rumoured to be extremely cumbersome when it comes to crumbs. It has a satisfying light crunch before dunking, but can be a bit mushy if dunked for too long. Quite an ideal biscuit for tea time.

Tastieness: 

The rich tea finger is sweeter than its chocolateless appearance would have you beleive. It is however a bit of a bland biscuit with no real flavour other than sugar. But all the same, I still like it :) Its small crumbs however, have a habit of getting stuck in the back teeth and require drinking lots of water to get rid of. Or just sitting there and licking your own teeth. Which is weird...but it works better. Also it goes well with many things. A friend of mine told me that they go well with chocolate philadelphia. She was right. A tasty treat for those long nights writing essays like us students so frequently avoid doing. Thanks Harriet! I suspect that they'd also go very well with nutella and blackcurrant jam. However, I cannot verify this, being allergic to hazelnuts and not having any blackcurrant jam. 

Overall Awesomeness: 

I think this biscuit is vastly underrated. However, it could do with a little spicing up, perhaps with the addition of cinnamon. Would you buy a cinnamon rich tea? You heard it here first. 3 out of 5 stars. 


Next time I'll be reviewing the much asked for CUSTARD CREAM!

Thanks, Biscuit lovers!!

R
x


6 comments:

  1. Zero tolerance of dunking. It is a crime against both biscuit and beverage. By all means enjoy a biscuit alongside a drink, but never blur the boundary between them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apologies for your disapproval of the dunk. Normally I enjoy my biscuits with or without a beverage, but as promised in my very first post, I am testing the dunkability of every biscuit I review. Not forgetting also, that these biscuits are DESIGNED for dunking. Their streamline shape means they will fit into any cup or mug, a challenge that faces some of the larger circular biscuits.

      Delete
  2. Whilst I understand the public-spirited nature of the dunkability rating, I still disapprove! Whether or not these biscuits are designed to be dunked is irrelevant. It is a shocking and undesirable practice. By analogy, cigarettes are designed to be smoked, but that doesn't mean that is good to smoke them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I acknowledge your cigarettes analogy, but I choose to ignore it. For there is nothing harmful about giving your biscuit a good dunk.

      Delete
    2. What about the effects on passive dunkers? The trauma, the nightmares...

      Delete

Which biscuit is the best?